LEGO CITY Fire Station
(Lego Systems, Inc.
A multi-level fire station that also includes a ladder truck and a smaller vehicle. We love that the truck ladder extends and turns 180 degrees. The Fire Station is part of the LEGO CITY theme - a fun collection of rescue vehicles and figures. We also like the new Fire Boat. Our only complaint about this set is the scale- as with many of the new LEGO structures, they have gotten smaller over recent years. Our testers, unaware of the skrinkage issue, have no complaints. In fact, he really loved working on this set. His review was so detailed that we need to share the mini-interview he had with his mom in regard to this product:
1. The set is very easy to build. (He is an 8 year old experienced LEGO builder--and felt this set was particularly easy. He had to be dragged away to go to a ballgame!
2. The "storage" spaces on the building where the accessories go click in". He mentioned fire hoses, axes, fire hydrants. "It makes it less confusing because every little piece has a place where it goes."
3. "I never thought the Lego City stuff was cool, but it actually is really AWESOME." (This from a die-hard Lego "action" afficionado. )
4. He likes the moving parts -- sliding garage doors, swinging doors, removeable "hatches," etc.
5. He also really likes that the bunk beds and all of the spaces for the mini-figures.
What I really love about his review is that the Fire Station has now become a "base" for all of his action figures--including his Star Wars characters--they all think the base is a pretty cool place to hang out!
The Fire Station comes with lots of props for pretend play after the building is done (there's even a cat and tree). Five year olds will enjoy playing with this set, but they will not be able to build it independently-there are 662 pieces! We recommend making this a parent/child project for less experienced LEGO builders.
The company has signed a verification form complying with our safety requirements. We did not independently test this toy in a lab.
Age: Early School Years, Later School Years. Award Year: 2010. Click here to purchase the product on Amazon.com.